SAFEGUARDING INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
All members of staff are given a copy of the policies and procedures as part of their induction and as a team we regularly review our policies and procedures. Our policies are accessible to all parents. Parents are given this information within their Parents Guidelines which they receive when registering their child.
Little Buds Safeguarding Coordinators attend regular safeguarding training provided by the local authority.
In the absence of Amy an alternative superior member of staff would initially deal with any Safeguarding concerns, however the Manager Amy Warnick will always be informed.
- Little Buds manager ensures that all staff are familiar with our Safeguarding policy and procedures.
- Staff attend regular team meetings and in-house training to ensure staff are able to safeguard children and identify children at risk.
- Staff read and sign a declaration stating that there is no reason why the individual staff member should not be working with children and has not committed any criminal offences since the last declaration. The declaration highlights that staff using social websites and other websites should be legal and will not be used to slander the nursery.
- Staff must not use mobile phones within the setting they must be turned off and left in the office.
Staff will attend regular training and all staff MUST be able to identify signs of possible abuse and neglect at the earliest opportunity, and respond in a timely and appropriate way
- Significant changes in children’s behaviour.
- Deterioration in children’s general well-being.
- Unexplained bruising, marks or signs of possible abuse or neglect.
- Change in attendance.
- Children’s comments which cause for concern.
- Any reasons to suspect neglect or abuse outside the setting, for example in the child’s home; and/or
- Inappropriate behaviour displayed by other members of staff, or any other person working with the children. For example, inappropriate sexual comments; excessive one to one attention beyond the requirements of their usual role and responsibilities; or the sharing of inappropriate images.
Little Buds Management are committed to ensuring that all workers and volunteers employed are suitable to work with children. This is includes interview process, references, DBS check, and induction processes.
Please see our Safe Recruitment and Vetting Policy for more detail.
Staff Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct is intended to highlight the conditions of employment. We aim for all staff to gain a positive working experience. This document is a set of rules outlining the responsibilities /practices for Little Buds employees that underpin the nursery policies, procedures and principles.
Any personal details, information regarding children and their families using Little Buds Childcare should and will remain confidential and consequently not be discussed with any other person other than the team of staff on a need to know basis.
Any concerns with regards to Safeguarding children will be kept confidential, however it is our duty to notify our local Safeguarding Children’s Board.